On October 28, 2020 the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health raised the Covid alarm to red. For the safety of its citizens and to dampen the spread of the Corona virus they have tightened their restrictions. While schools and businesses remain open, the gathering of people in public places and in private homes is limited.
What Does This Mean for Us?
For the time being, we will hold services and the Churches remain open. The following changes are to be strictly observed:
- Maximum 50 people in the church for services.
- Masks are mandatory in all outside, populated areas, this includes entering and leaving the Church.
- Masks remain mandatory during all services.
- Choirs and all singing is prohibited.
- Gatherings of more than 15 people in outside areas are not allowed.
The maximum number of people allowed in the church (50) includes the people involved in the liturgy (priest, lector, sacristan). There will be no children's liturgy until the restrictions have been lifted.
What About Christmas?
We do not know how and if Christmas services will be held. This makes all of us sad. But with the support of each other and the strength of our faith, we can make this a memorable and beautiful time of year.
God Bless you and your family and friends.